Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seriously ?!

Did  you know that, if done perfectly, any Rubik's Cube combination can be solved in 17 turns?
I'm trying for almost 2 years , on and off, already.
Before you note me down as stupid I want you to know that I'm avoiding tutorials on solving Rubik's Cube...well doesn't really matter, I mean taking so long without solving it even once is kinda pathetic.
Maybe I'd be done by now if my friends would stop twisting it randomly everytime they come over to pay me a visit.
On that note: Josh you're a jerk!


Well now let's come back to what I actually wanted to post today: useless facts.

I stumbled across a compilation of some really curious facts in the last few days.
You may want to memorize some for small talk or breaking the ice at the next company meeting or whatever. 
  • The tip of a whip moves so fast that it breaks the sound barrier. The "crack" of a whip is actually a tiny sonic boom.

  • Firehouses have circular stairways because the engines were at a time pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor, and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.

  • There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar. (bonus points for listing them all in one go)

  • If the earth were the size of a bowling ball, it would be just as smooth; the mountains on raised relief globes are greatly exaggerated.

  • Raindrops are not tear-drop shaped. They are rounded at the top and flat on the bottom.

  • Honey does not spoil.

  • The ghosts in Pac-Man are named Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde. (to prove your geekdom)

  • Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past royalty. This custom has evolved into the modern military salute.

  • The names of the three monkeys are Mizaru (see no evil), Kikazaru (hear no evil), and Iwazaru (speak no evil).

  • It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky. (They'll never know what hit them ..hehe)

  • All polar bears are left handed.

  • In the film Forrest Gump, all the still photos show Forrest with his eyes closed

  • Snakes are true carnivores as they eat nothing but other animals. They do not eat any type of plant material. (As we all know nothing is as cool as a snake,take that vegans)

  • „Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.“ is a valid sentence in the English language. (You're nuts aren't ya ?)

  • According to Genesis 1:20-22 the chicken came before the egg. (Admin spawned it..riddle solved)

  • A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.

  • More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones. (mine is green )

  • Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

  • Dolphins can stop breathing on purpose, thus comitting suicide.

19 comments:

GGMP said...

why would a dolphin want to kill itself lol

Lendo Khar said...

Dudeee, Am I more smart now that I know all this stuff?
The name of the three monkeys... I didn't know they have a name.

jimmy1811 said...

17 turns?
Can you do that? xD...

I think i can't - And i think i speak for almost everyone here when I say: WTF EVERYONE WHO CAN DO THIS IS A FREAKING NERD!

Obi-wan Mikenobi said...

I love these little facts.

Okko said...

huum they don't like it very much ..being kept in captivity in water parks so some of them just end it

@jimmy No I can't i'm not that smart xD
@Lendo I didn't knew either

firstvariation said...

i think that its pretty respectable that youre trying to learn to solve the thing without a tutorial. youll be very happy the day you solve it!

OnlyATrillion said...

Oh, I love useless facts. You posted very interesting ones.

Vapor said...

I've never been able to solve a rubrics cube either.

Unknown said...

The thoughts of a dolphin mass-suicide is mind boggling.

Anonymouse said...

i'm down to it taking me about a minute and a half to solve a rubiks cube and i learned without a tutorial, though i did have some help. can't do it in 17 moves though.

a word of advice, it's done in layers not sides. bottom layer, then middle layer, then top layer usually.

the center colors never change, so on mine the blue center piece will always be opposite the green center piece. hope it helps. good luck.

Dania said...

i can only ever get 2 sides finished :(

swagdigital said...

I wish I could solve one. Soooo difficult!!!

Anonymous said...

I could never get that damn rubix cube solved.

And thanks for that information, I just put it here in my useless folder. lol

Me said...

>Honey does not spoil.
The sugar sucks all the mostuire out so no bacterial can grow.

the moar you know...

Dulb said...

Whatttt dolphins?! o.o

Anonymous said...

Some of those facts actually made me giggle. You should post some more if you've got more stashed away :L

metalpark_73189 said...

Wow thanks for the facts dude!

roextt said...

The Rubik's Cube tidbit was interesting, I never knew that! And i love the facts

Come At Me Bro said...

I love Rubik's cubes!