Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My favorite epic movie quotes

Yippe ca-yay, motherf*****  and welcome to my little collection of epic movie quotes.
I'll try to keep 'em in english or translate them to the best of my capabilities.
You may note that some may or may not loose their wit once translated.
As you surely noticed this post started with an easy recognizable quote from Die Hard.
Let's get down to buisiness and let me know your favorite quotes ;)


Up next: a gem from one of my favorite badass characters of all times.
"modern cars, they all look like electric shavers" -(Sin City)

An all time classic is of course: Star Wars.
Obi Wan: "These are not the droids you are looking for."
Storm Trooper: "These aren't the droids we're looking for."

In the movie Wild Card (2003) I found a gem in the very last sentences at the end ... translates somewhat like this :
"They're always faster than us, but Korea has a lage army and is surrounded by water,so there is no place to run , no place to hide."

"Tonight, we dine in Hell!" - (300)

"Carpe diem, boys. Seize the day." - (Dead Poets Society

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!" - (Apocalypse Now)

"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" - (Dirty Harry)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country." - (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)
"Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive. Impossible to walk in this muck. No footing at all. " - (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

14 comments:

seankenny08 said...

I still think some of the best quotes in the world can be found in Fight Club and Choke.

missmarie said...

yippie ca-yay mother fucker is what my dad told me to say when I was a cowgirl for halloween...when I was 8 haha

Obi-wan Mikenobi said...

I've never seen 'Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas', loving the Sin City quote.

Kai-Rin said...

THIS IS SPARTA!

Anonymouse said...

some good stuff here. agree with most of em.

Isaac said...

I like you Clarence, always have, always will!

Val Kilmer as Elvis in True Romance

Eindb44s said...

Napalm quote is my favorite

Poetry of the Day said...

i love the first comment

~ <3 Famous Poetry about life <3~

phil said...

'My god - It's full of stars'
is my all time fav

Vapor said...

Pulp Fiction, The Ususual Suspects, and Way of the Gun are also very quotable.

Unknown said...

"Where the white women at?"
- Blazing Saddles

Anonymous said...

Fear and Loathing is a funny movie. Trippy but funny.

systemAdmin said...

Fear and loathing...I could not make it through the whole movie. I thought it was dumb and pointless. Good quotes otherwise.

teampl4yer said...

thumbs up for die hard quote!!!:D